This project was quite time consuming, but a perfect one to do while your watching a movie! It was relatively cheap to make & looks super cute on my wall!
1/3 yard of pink fabric, 1/3 yard red fabric, cardboard, sewing machine, glue.
1. Cut out a bunch of 2 inch wide strips in each color. You will need to add more the bigger your heart is. I used 17 of each color. Make them as long or as short as your want. The longer they are, the bigger the flower.
2. Iron the strips in half, longways.
3. Start sewing the strips about 1/4 inch along the sides. Lock in your stitch when you start, but do not lock it at the end. Use the longest stitch you have.
5. Tie off the end of the thread, and cut any remaining.
6. Put a small line of hot glue along the thread, at the bottom of the material, and start winding up the material. Do this little by little until you have your flower is made. Repeat steps 2-6 until all of the flowers are completed.
7. Cut out a heart shape using cardboard. I just cut up an old box I had laying around. Cut it as big or small as you want.
8. Start gluing the flowers on to the cardboard until you can see no more cardboard.
9. Take 2-2 inch strips of fabric (I used the red), glue 1 end of each strip to the back of the cardboard.
10. Tie the two strips into a bow.
You can now hang this wherever you want! I put mine next to a mirror in my living room. These would also look cute on the front door!